The Luke

The Luke

Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Sacrifice for the Future


Since the beginning of time, i have always wanted a motorcycle! My search to find the perfect bike was never an active search, though mostly due to the lack of money needed to purchase such a beautiful piece of machinery. This last month, after my dad's return from China, he bought the exact bike i had then been dreaming out. The jealousy was too much. The bike was too beautiful, and i had the money to finally fulfill that empty dream. Over the next month i spent hours each day looking and researching the many different bikes to fill my hearts desire. I finally found her! A  Honda Shadow Ace 750. Loaded with chrome, saddle bags, cobra pipes, K&N filter, and a sissy bar. B-E-A-UTIFUL!!!     
      While putting the money together for the purchase I began to think if this was the smartest thing to do with my money. I realized that i needed the money for my business. I needed a new computer and a new camera. The money needed for the business expenses was enough to set me back half the amount of the bike.
    The deliberations were torture and the nights were endless. . . . . The bigger man won. I put off the boy and his dream for his bike so that the man could move forward and begin his path to independent wealth and financial security. I got my Macbook and a Nikon D80.
      



Oh but the boy WILL get his bike, just not today.

5 comments:

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
rachel said...

Glad to see you're adding to the blog, finally! You'll get the bike sooner than later and when you do, I better get a ride. Kisses!

rachel garber said...

Could you update please? I was very excited to see you had a blog and you've sort of done this thing called give up on it. Yeah . . . not cool you scrub.

Chris said...

What kind of glass are you using on that D80?

luke Beachley said...

70-200mm 2.8!